Athanor Content Policy
Athanor Wine lets user contribute different kinds of content, including photos, reviews, pricings, places, top lists, articles, videos, and more. Wine is social, so is Athanor Wine, and we know that sometimes the lines can get a little blurry after a glass or two, so we’ve put together some guidelines to keep Athanor Wine a pleasant place for all.
Last Updated: June 20, 2019
- Inappropriate contentWe like colorful and creative language and we know it’s hard to talk about wine in a strictly factual way, but we don’t accept hate speech, harassment, personal threats, rudeness or content that is pornographic, obscene or violent or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Athanor Wine in our sole discretion. Abuse towards staff and moderators is also a big no-no and will not be tolerated.
- Promotional contentPromotional content is not allowed except if you are a winery or a retailer adding content on your page. If you run a website, blog, publication or just write content about wine and you’d like your content shared on Athanor Wine, please contact us and we’ll see how we can help. Keep in mind, we want to keep the site and app useful for users and not packed with commercial noise.
- PrivacyDon’t publicize other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other patrons without their permission, and don’t post other people’s full names unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names.
- Conflicts of interestIf you are affiliated with a winery or retailer we remind you to that your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example don’t rate all your own wines 5 stars and don’t give all your competitors 1 star ratings only. Encourage your customers and networks to rate and review, but don’t tell them how they should rate or review your wines. Bias will be determined by Athanor Wine staff and portions of your content may be removed at our discretion.
- Intellectual propertyDon’t be a copycat and lift content from other sites or users. Please use your own photos and words – it’s more fun, we promise!